Julep Kylie

2 May

Is Julep just breaking in to the magnetic world?  I didn’t think they had magnetic polishes, but was pleasantly surprised to get Kylie in my Maven box for May.   The magnet came on a little stick, wand thing.  It’s a wavy design, but the waves really only showed up on my thumb since it’s the biggest nail.

When I first polished this on, I wasn’t really impressed with the color.  Once I set the magnet to it though?  I love it!  I love the darker shade made by the magnet.  This really looks like shadows to me.

The formula for this polish was really thin.  I had to be super careful with how much polish I had on my brush or my cuticles would flood.   My only other critique is that I feel like the lines made by the magnet are too far apart.  My nails aren’t super long right here, but they’re not terribly short either and I only got two stripes on each nail.  It would be nice if they were a little closer together to fit more stripes in.  Overall, I think Julep Kylie is a beautiful color once you set the magnetic effect.

7 Responses to “Julep Kylie”

1. Becky May 2, 2012 at 6:25 am #

I like the color and the magnet worked very well! I need to pull my magnetic polishes out… two of them haven’t even been touched yet.

2. Tara May 2, 2012 at 6:49 am #

I’m definitely interested in trying this one when I get it in my add-on box…I don’t know why but magnet polishes sort of freak me out and this is the first one I’ve bought :)

3. Amanda (Mae) May 2, 2012 at 6:56 am #

Looks really pretty! looks really similar to the one I had purchased. I blogged about it but can’t think of the name right now. Layla I think. Very pretty, I agree that they could have maybe put another stripe. still pretty!:)

4. Elizabeth May 5, 2012 at 7:43 pm #

Wow, this is probably the most gorgeous magnetic colour I’ve seen, all raspberry and delicious. “Real life” magnetics so rarely seem to match the product pics, but yours came out stunning–almost like you’d dragged your nails into Photoshop and gone all dodge/burn on them. This one’s going onto my wish list!

• TopCoatIt May 5, 2012 at 9:44 pm #

Wow Elizabeth, what kind words! I can assure you I did not dodge/burn these pictures. I did however do some light and color balancing. I was really impressed with Kylie.

• Elizabeth May 6, 2012 at 7:02 pm #

Oh, no, I didn’t mean to suggest for a second that you’d tweaked your pics–the polish looks like a dodge/burn effect all by itself, and your pics capture it beautifully. ^_^

• TopCoatIt May 6, 2012 at 10:05 pm #

Oh no worries Elizabeth! I know you weren’t implying that! Not at all! I took it as a compliment!