17 Black Gold Glitter Crackle

5 Jan

Yet another polish that my sister bought for me while in London.  I had a really hard time choosing a color to put under this crackle.  It’s black with gold glitter.  My first thought was red, which I think is the most obvious choice so I didn’t want to do that.  I tried a gold polish, but that just blended together.  I tried a mossy green that looked okay, but I just wasn’t happy with it.  I tried a purple and that looked pretty good, but I still wasn’t feeling it.  Then it came to me, China Glaze For Audrey.  Of course!

I’m really happy with this combination.  It looks like a stone to me.  Kind of like an inside out turquoise.  I topped it off with Jordana Quick Shine Top Coat.  It was still a bit scratchy, a second pass with my top coat would probably have helped that.

8 Responses to “17 Black Gold Glitter Crackle”

1. Cheryl Cheryl January 5, 2012 at 8:19 am #

WOW! now that’s hot! You have SUCH good artistic taste.
    (I have been eyeing that “For Audrey” for a couple of months. Now I might go ahead and purchase. I have no black glitter crackle, but still… :-) )

• TopCoatIt January 5, 2012 at 8:46 am #

Thanks Cheryl! For Audrey was one I have been on the look out for too. I actually just bought it last week. Glad I did!

2. Bárbara (@Betty_Nails) January 5, 2012 at 10:53 am #

WOW What a beautiful color! what brand is it from? =D

• TopCoatIt January 5, 2012 at 7:53 pm #

Hi Barbara. The brand of the crackle is ’17′ and I couldn’t find a name or identifying number on the bottle. It’s a black base with gold glitter. The blue is China Glaze For Audrey.

3. Madeline (@grrrlgerms) January 5, 2012 at 1:13 pm #

wow, that is amazing!

4. Laurie January 6, 2012 at 12:26 am #

Wow I love this! Awhile ago I frankened a holo glitter and black crackle polish. I love the gold with black!! I might have to give this a whirl!

5. SeeSarah Swatch January 6, 2012 at 9:02 am #

WHAT. that is so cool!!!

• TopCoatIt January 6, 2012 at 8:15 pm #

It’s amazing how pairing a special effects polish like this with the right base color can make such a difference. I was unimpressed with it until I put it over For Audrey; then I loved it!